2 large organic Russet potatoes (about 2 lbs.)
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon chili powder
2 Tbsp olive oil
1. Cut the potatoes into fry shapes. If you have a spiralizer, use the largest setting on your spiralizer and push the potato firmly into the blade to get the thickest fry.
2. Place fries in a large bowl of cold water, completely submerging. Place in the refrigerator for at least one hour, or up to overnight.
3. Remove fries from the refrigerator, drain, and discard the water.
4. Preheat the oven to 425° F and blot the fries dry with a towel. A dry fry is a crispy fry!
5. In a small bowl, combine the spices. Add the dry potatoes back to a large bowl and toss with oil. Then sprinkle with the spices and toss until well combined.
6. Bake at 375° F for 20 minutes, stir, and then at 425° F for 30 minutes if using regular fry shapes. If you have spiralized fries, bake at 425° F for 40 minutes, stirring halfway through. Fries are done when golden and crispy.
7. Serve warm and enjoy!
Inspired by Whole Food for 7