3 medium sweet potatoes (that are relatively the same size)
2 – 3 Tbsp coconut oil, at room temperature
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp arrowroot powder
Parsley (for topping)
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2. Lightly coat a baking sheet with ½ Tbsp coconut oil.
3. Cut the ends off each sweet potato, slice each potato in half lengthwise, and then slice the potato into ¼ inch thick planks. Remove the peel from each one. Cut each plank into individual fries, approximately ¼ inch wide. Continue until all potatoes have been cut.
4. Place the sweet potato fries into a large mixing bowl. Add 1 ½ – 2 Tbsp coconut oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss well to coat. Add about 1 Tbsp of arrowroot powder and toss to coat thoroughly.
5. Place the potatoes onto the baking sheet in a single layer, making sure none of them are overlapping. Depending on the number of fries, a second baking sheet may be needed.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, turning them halfway through. Check at around 12 minutes, and if they look like they are starting to brown, then it’s time to turn them over. If they need more time, check again in 1-2 minutes.
7. Once done, place the fries on a parchment-lined dish or plate and top with parsley.
Inspired by Pinch Me Good