Ingredients for Almond Butter Layer
1 cup natural, unsalted almond butter
¼ cup + 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
½ cup coconut flour
Ingredients for Chocolate Topping
1 cup vegan chocolate chips or Paleo chocolate, chopped
½ cup natural, unsalted almond butter
1. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the almond butter layer ingredients, gently folding until thoroughly mixed and all coconut flour has been incorporated.
3. Using a rubber spatula, spread the almond butter layer on the bottom of the baking pan. Smooth until even. Set aside.
4. Using a double boiler, slowly melt the chocolate until softened and fully melted, stirring continuously until smooth.
5. Pour the chocolate mixture over the almond butter filling. Using a clean rubber spatula, smooth chocolate into an even layer. Tap the pan a few times to help even out the chocolate.
6. Transfer pan to the freezer. Freeze for 45-60 minutes or until hardened. Remove from the freezer and slice into 16 squares.
Inspired by Beaming Baker