3 ½ – 4 lbs. beef tenderloin (same cut as filet mignon, cut into 1½ inch cubes)
1 cup olive oil
4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
2/3 cup minced shallot
2/3 cup minced fresh parsley
2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. To make the chimichurri sauce, stir all ingredients except beef into a bowl and leave at room temp for two hours to marinate.
2. Approximately 45 minutes before serving, preheat BBQ on medium heat (375°F).
3. Cut tenderloin into cubes and discard excess fat.
4. Place meat onto skewers; salt and pepper to taste.
5. Cook on preheated BBQ for 15-18 minutes for medium rare, turning every five minutes.
6. Remove from heat, drizzle with chimichurri sauce and serve.
Inspired by: The Organic kitchen