As we get older, our bodies and our nutrition needs change. At some point, we expect the fine lines and wrinkles to show up. And while we may not always welcome them, those little gray hairs that begin to appear are usually no surprise.
But as you age, you may notice some other changes in your body. Your metabolism typically slows down and your energy levels change. You may find yourself feeling less active or skipping your normal afternoon snack.
While we can’t prevent time from moving forward, there are a number of things that you can do to slow it down. We’ve pulled together a list of our go-to anti-aging secrets to keep you feeling vibrant at any age.
Load up on Foods That Promote Healthy Aging
If you’ve seen any beauty commercials lately, you’ve noticed they’re always talking about collagen. There’s a reason for it.
Collagen is naturally produced in the body and found in our skin, muscles, bones, digestive system, and more. In fact, collagen is actually the most abundant protein in our bodies – pretty amazing, right? In short, collagen is like the glue that holds you together. And as time marches on, you guessed it, our collagen production starts to slow down.
Fortunately, there are foods that help boost the production of collagen. Here are a few:
- High-quality, protein-rich foods: Beef, fish, chicken, beans, and eggs
- Vitamin C-rich foods: Oranges, red bell peppers, broccoli, tomatoes, and greens
- Zinc and copper-rich foods: Nuts, whole grains, beans, and shellfish
Certain supplements can also help promote collagen production and beautiful, healthy-looking skin:
- Gotu Kola is a powerful herb that boosts collagen production and improves the look and feel of the skin.
- Bilberry is especially useful for supporting collagen stability, stabilizing connective tissue and aiding in wound healing.
It’s important to note that not just any herbal supplement will provide these benefits. Finding and taking high-quality herbal products will deliver exceptional results. If you’d like to add these important anti-aging supplements to your daily routine, we can guide you toward the right ones that will deliver on their promises.
Pay Attention to Your Lifestyle Habits
When it comes to turning back the hands of time, there’s no one quick fix. But, you have many tools in your toolbox to keep you feeling young and vibrant. Here are a couple of extra tips to help you age beautifully from the inside out:
- Keep your stress in check. Nothing speeds up the aging process like staying under a constant load of stress and pressure, so it’s important to develop effective stress management techniques.
- Nourish your skin. Your skin is the largest organ in your body. It’s also where you tend to notice those first fine lines and wrinkles. The best way to avoid excess skin aging is to pamper your skin and nourish it from the inside out. One of the best ways is through regular and frequent hydration and eating healthy fats.
- Get moving. They say that exercising is the elixir of youth – and for good reason! Regularly moving your body lowers your risk for certain diseases. Plus, it can improve your bone health, flexibility, and sleep quality.
- Prioritize rest. Speaking of sleep, make sure you’re getting between 7 and 8 hours every night. Staying well-rested has been proven to keep inflammation down and reduce stress. Plus, sleep helps renew and protect your skin.
The Secret to Aging Gracefully
When it comes to aging, you may find that it’s less about hiding those gray hairs and more about living a healthy, happy life. It’s natural to want to stay young forever. If you’re feeling concerned about the challenges of aging, we’re here for you. Don’t hesitate to send us a message or call our office. We are here to help you live a vibrant life – no matter what season you’re in!